So I posted my first re-design the other day and showed some fellow UX enthusiasts at uni in search of feedback. This post details their suggestions and my amendments I then made to the design.
- Remove the circles as bottom navigation is surplus to requirements
- Change the blue text to gray-scale so it’s easier to read
- Use Arial font for the main body text as it works better on web
- Try changing the circular badges on images to triangles or banners
- Make the logo smaller – it takes up a lot of space!
- Un-format the text boxes in the form as that sort of stuff doesn’t work in all the browsers (never knew this! #LessonLearnt)
- Add home page link to navigation bar
- Consolidate the apartment pages into one page
A lot of this made perfect sense once someone had pointed it out to me and I also learnt some knew things about browser incompatibilities.
Armed with feedback I tweaked the designs and this is how it now stands.
It’s been great fun doing this re-design and I am definitely learning lots in the process! Follow me to keep up-to-date with my future work.
til next time