Back in October 2015 the lovely guys at Creative meet invited me down to Chichester to talk about experiences – my experience, your experience, your mum’s experience, the customers experience. Because what’s the point in making all these cool things if we aren’t making things easier?
You can watch my talk here – unfortunately the quality isn’t fantastic so here are the slides.
I had a great time sharing my experience and answering everyone’s questions. Looking forward to doing more talks in the future!
til next time
So I posted my first re-design the other day and showed some fellow UX enthusiasts at uni in search of feedback. This post details their suggestions and my amendments I then made to the design.
- Remove the circles as bottom navigation is surplus to requirements
- Change the blue text to gray-scale so it’s easier to read
- Use Arial font for the main body text as it works better on web
- Try changing the circular badges on images to triangles or banners
- Make the logo smaller – it takes up a lot of space!
- Un-format the text boxes in the form as that sort of stuff doesn’t work in all the browsers (never knew this! #LessonLearnt)
- Add home page link to navigation bar
- Consolidate the apartment pages into one page
A lot of this made perfect sense once someone had pointed it out to me and I also learnt some knew things about browser incompatibilities.
Armed with feedback I tweaked the designs and this is how it now stands.
Reading Short Stay Re-design Revisited: Home Page
Reading Short Stay Re-design Revisited: Apartments page
Reading Short Stay Re-design Revisited: Testimonials page
Reading Short Stay Re-design Revisited: Rates page
Reading Short Stay Re-design Revisited: Contact us page
It’s been great fun doing this re-design and I am definitely learning lots in the process! Follow me to keep up-to-date with my future work.
til next time